Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Delay Doesn't Always Mean Denial

I thought this was a good perspective! For example-- if my 6 year old son asked for a toy that wasnt age appropriate; I would probably make him wait-- but that doesnt mean that I would deny him of his request. It just means that I don't think he is ready for that particular thing at the time that it was requested. That is the way the Lord works as well. We still request, as it states in Philipians 4: 6; "by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God".

A Delay Doesnt Always Mean Denial

http://nbetweenmag.com/2007/08/10/delay-does-not-mean-denial/

Have you prayed for something only to have to wait and wait and wait and well wait? Have you ever felt like God was not giving you the blessing in which you asked? Do you ever in your life believe that God did not hear you?

I know I have, but then I had to search the scriptures I mean really search and stand on the word of God.

Sometimes God will delay our blessing in order to get our attention, and turn our focus inward and upward in order to gain access into our lives.

In the midst of every trial, storm, dark place, or light Jesus is sitting on the throne of grace waiting on you to surrender, submit and sell out for the word, and work of God.

I know many of us want God just to reign down the manna from heaven like he did for the Israelites in the wilderness. We want God to shower us with wealth and finances beyond belief, and not that he wont.

But what will you really do with it?

Answer these questions honestly and in your spirit as you read along with me.

If God blessed you with

One million dollars today right now, what would you do?

A new Cadillac Escalade paid for with no note

A 50 room mansion

A 6 figure income

A husband

A wife

A child

A church

A ministry

What would you do with it right now today?

Many of us don’t have the answer to those questions right now and thats okay. See I have tried him for myself and found that God’s delay doesn’t mean God’s denial. It just means that I am not ready.

If God Blessed me with a million dollars today sure I would tithe and give a tenth to the church but I would go on a spending spree for my home, myself and my children. I wouldn’t give all that money away I would horde it and sit on it or spend it all because that is where I am.

I would not donate and sew into ministries that are struggling to get the message out because right now where I am, I want to many things and guess what God is sitting up in heaven and he knows my heart, he knows that like Paul that money is the thorn in my side.Oh come on somebody we don’t want to admit that we wouldn’t be good stewards over the bounty and the blessing if he gave it to us.

Passage Matthew 25 :15

And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
16Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
17And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
18But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord’s money.
19After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
20And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
21His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
22He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
23His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Well done thou good and faithful servant, Oh man My prayer is that when God does blesses me that I am ready that he will make right my path give me a new song of praise, and give me the right mind and spirit to not only divide his word of truth but to be able to rightly divide his Financial Blessing upon my life.

Psalm 34:8O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
God can and will bless you above any measure on heaven and on earth. God will give you the spirit of understanding and peace and stewardship if you believe.God is calling his people into holiness, oneness in him seeking him in all things big and small. He wants to be just that close to all his children and we should desire to do the same for him

Delay does not mean denial.It simply means that God wants all of us and He cant get all of us until we give him all of us.

Psalm 40
1I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
2He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
3And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
4Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
5Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.

We serve a right now God with a right now blessing but how can he give us his best when we cant even be his best…..

I want you today to pray this prayer with me and replace the words I, Me, My, and make it personal by putting your name in the blanks.

Father God I am a sinner, I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins, I believe that he was rose from the dead and sits on the right Hand of you Father God. I ask Jesus to come into my heart now, save me, lead me guide me, direct me protect me. I believe that right now I am born again thank you Lord for saving me and making me whole. In the matchless name of Jesus Amen

Now give God thanks for the wonders of his love and understanding.
Be Blessed and encouraged!

No comments: