Friday, June 29, 2007

Got iPhone???

Although I find these kind of cool, I am not the type of person who would wait in line just to have the latest quizmo on the market. Although, I can see the benefit for the business type individuals and techno-geeks....I am quite content with using my computer, my prepaid cell phone & listening to my Mp3 player :)

This pretty much sums up what I am already thinking about the price tag & the bugs in the system:

And despite the handset's price tag of $499 for a 4-gigabyte model and $599 for an 8-gigabyte version, on top of a minimum $59.99-a-month two-year service plan with AT&T Inc., the phone's exclusive carrier, some bullish Wall Street analysts have predicted sales could hit as high as 45 million units in two years.

"That's nuts. Over-hyping this thing just puts it at risk of being seen as a failure," said Rob Enderle, an industry analyst with The Enderle Group. "Apple will break (sales) records for a phone of this class, but selling tens of millions of units so quickly is going to be tough. First-generation products always have problems that you don't know about until the product ships."

Although, I am amazed on how far technology has come.... I come from the generation where 8 track tapes, boom box & VCR's were the thing... :) Hey-- I wanna see them come up with something beneficial for women.... which it would be a self cleaning house. Or what about that cool contraption that they had in the cartoon "The Jetsons" or the food simulator in "Star Trek: The next Generation"??? Now, that would really benefit hard working women and 24/7 Mothers alike!

Hey, what do you think Apple???? LOL

And time marches on...... time marches on..... :)

No comments: