Saturday, January 12, 2008

I Surrender All: Dealing with Autism

I had a bad day the other day & was in a funk. Our 6 year old son is still dealing with the challenges of Autism & still not completely potty trained. I will spare you all the details, but needless to say, sometimes his issues tend to overwhelm me when I am trying to take care of my own health, like I was last Thursday.

Despite all the bad stuff, I know that God is Good! He knows our family's situation and understands it all. Since our son has challenges within his brain that effects his body, my husband and I have had to make changes in our daily routines. We have to avoid certain social situations that have made us feel isolated and alone at times. We have avoided out of state Holiday family gatherings , cause we know that Noah couldn't handle all the overstimulation within his body. We have found that staying home in a peaceful environment is the safest solution for our son.

For the New Year, I have resolved made it a habit to wake up and pray for strength and grace to get through the day & I thank God for getting us through. Even though our son isn't healed yet of this awful neurological disorder, it helps to keep focused on that God is using the circumstances for good. I just need to keep my vision on that.

There is a song that helps me make it through the day, cause I know that even when life is hard, God is still bigger than what we are facing & is with us through each and every situation. My Precious Savior... I surrender all!

All to Jesus I surrender
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In his presence daily live.

I surrender all, I surrender all;
All to thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.

All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken,
Take me Jesus, take me now.

I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.

No comments: