Monday, February 18, 2008

Birthday Reflections

T'was a very good day yesterday! The sun was shining brightly, which is quite a blessing for a February day here in the Northwest! I consider it a sign from above of good things yet to come! The rain and grey clouds were swept away by an awesome blue sky. Always a California girl at heart; how I love those days when I can break out my sun glasses and soak up the sun rays!!!! :)

A good time was had by all as we gathered to celebrate yet another birthday. Another year of my life.. wow! I can't believe that 42 years of my life has passed and now that I am about to embark on another year ahead.

There is a saying that says "Don't count the years, but make your years count" -which is exactly what I have planned for the year ahead.

Some say what matters most in life is viewed as peripheral to the things that we usually focus on. Passion takes a backseat to production, wellness to working, and balance to busyness.

The old adage that "life is not a dress rehearsal" is so true, and yet we act to the contrary by putting off what is truly important or indulging in things that are not.

Therefore, I am going to spend this year ahead meditating on my life at this exact moment, how I can continue discover what matters most to me, and make my daily life a reflection of those ideas, beliefs and attitudes. :) Since I am a nature lover--another way of looking at it is "Blooming where ever I am planted". LOL.

Happy Birthday to Me.... "I may not be were I should be in life right now, but Thank God that Im not where I used to be! :)

Now, that, my friends *is* a gift in itself. :))

No comments: