Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday Musings

Well, its Monday again! We had yet more snow over the weekend, but thank goodness it didnt stick around. The Cosmos seeds that my son, Noah and I planted in a pot outside are probably done for, as I thought the last frost was over-- it is Spring right??? :LOL

The carpet installation was surprisingly finished by 4PM on Friday. It only took a days work instead of the 2 days like we had thought. The new carpet looks and smells wonderful. I love the softness in my feet & what a change after having poor quality carpet that was already installed when we bought our townhouse!!

We spent the weekend putting the house back together. I put everything in place in my son, Jeremy's old bedroom & staged it into a guest bedroom & it looks great (except it still needs to be painted in a couple weeks)

Our upstairs loft looks great since we thought we'd give it a more staged look & placed the furniture to look more appealing.
The closets still need to be organized, and we still have more de-cluttering to do, but one step at a time!

The end of a 2o year era came for me over the weekend. My 18 year old son, Jeremy finally moved out on Friday-- just 3 months early than we had originally planned. I was doing okay until last night. It finally hit me and I started crying. Even though I am happy for him to finish his education in Bremerton (He is 3 credits short of not graduating here in our school district) I have to admit that I am feeling sad about not seeing him go to his Senior prom and have a formal graduation.

Although, He will have a informal graduation ceremony in Bremerton that we can attend instead-- it just will be without the traditional cap and gown. I remind myself that Jeremy receiving his High School diploma is much more important anyway! On the bright side, I am saving $$$, with no cap/gown, invitations, etc to purchase. Well, for another 13 years anyway-- when our 6 year old, Noah graduates from high school! :LOL

I am happy to know that Jeremy is in good hands right now as he is staying with a good friend and his family until he moves (yet again) to share his first apartment with a couple of friends sometime this Summer.

My hubby, Joel has yet more phone interviews regarding the Austin position either today or tommorrow afternoon. More team members want to talk with him. Nothing is set in stone yet until they invite him for a in person interview though. I am praying that God is in control of the situation, knows whats best for us and will either open the door of opportunity or close it. :)

I will remain in prayer, cause this definately is a time of change right now. Although exciting & bittersweet at the same time; I feel like we are going into uncharted waters & need the Lord to keep me focused. In the natural, things look so overwhelming right now!

No comments: