Monday, October 1, 2007

Autism & the Bible

I found this article on: TheAutismHomePage@groups.msn.com & found it comforting. While I was channel surfing one afternoon while our son was in school, I happened to come across a program on Daystar, which was talking about illnesses/disabilities. It really hit my heart & soul when the guest gave me a good rhema; which was to concentrate on the healer and not the science (in which I was guilty!)

Autism and the Bible

The word autism is not mentioned in the Bible but, like so many things in life, the Bible seems to have something to say about it anyway. Think first about the symptoms of autism. To me, the most tragic part of autism is that I would love to comfort a child with autism, but he won't let me. The more I pull the child close to me, the more he pushes away. I try to communicate but she doesn't hear me. I try to teach her but she will not learn. Isn't this like our relationship to God?

This journey in the world of autism has led me to believe that the cure for autism lies in the hands of our Almighty God! He has helped me to see that the increase in autism in these latter days may well lead to a cure. What I ask of each of you who love the Lord is to pray each day for a cure for autism. Pray that doctors, researchers, and professionals will have God's wisdom in completing their research and will clearly see the connections between symptoms, treatments, and findings which will help them to discover God's cure for autism. Pray this prayer (or one of your own) daily:

"Dear Father, forgive me and my nation for our sins. We have failed to look to You for help with this disorder called autism. Forgive us. I pray that You will lead us to find a cure for autism. Lord, You made us, You know each cell of our body, You know where autism originates, You know what goes wrong in people with autism, You know what will cure this disorder. Lord I pray for a miraculous cure for all children with autism.

Please give families strength to deal with autism. Give them wisdom and help them find people who will truly help them and not take advantage of them. Lord, I pray also that You would lead researchers to find a cure for autism. Help the researchers to be humble, to seek You, to understand the connections between the physical, biological, chemical, and immunological findings in autism research. Open their eyes to find new connections and help parents to share their own discoveries and findings. Let there be a new cooperation among the researchers that will lead to a true cure for all autism. I give You the glory for this cure. Thank You, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Thank You, Lord, for having mercy on the thousands of children with autism. I pray this prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, my Savior. Amen." ~GJH~

No comments: