Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Birthday Jeremy!


(Jeremy and his girlfriend, Meghan dressed up for Homecoming)

My son, Jeremy just turned 18 today. I can't believe how fast time flew by. He will be graduating from high school next June. It just doesnt seem possible that he will be getting his drivers license and driving his first car in a matter of weeks. Even though we've had our typical Mother-son issues over the years, I am so proud of him. He always has a way of making me laugh, a quick wit about him & I really think he will go far in life!

He wrote the following in his recent blog that I would love to share with you all. I am delighted to know that just when I thought he wasnt paying attention to what I say-- Im finding that our personal belief system & values, although sometimes conflict, actually parallel one another at times. That really means a lot to me & Im so proud to be his Mom :)

"In 6 days, I'll be 18. One year older, 365.25 days wiser, more calloused from pain, more open minded, smarter, more experienced in life. It doesn't happen over night. Experience is what makes us who we are. You aren't your age, you aren't your friends, you aren't your family. You are the choices, deeds, thoughts, and ideas you manifest into the world. Leave your mark, leave little bits of yourself. Bodies decay, money gets spent, material objects get broken and lost. Ideas, dreams, and memories can last forever. Sometimes, that is all you have. Life is a chaotic and confusing experience. Live through it. Impact all the people around you. Leave pieces yourself in this world. Stop looking at all the minute details, and look at the bigger picture. Live everyday as if it were you last. Regret only what you didn't learn from. The meaning of life is however you interpret it." ---Jeremy Pearson.

No comments: