Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Slipping through my fingers.....

This song from Mamma Mia emotionally hit me when I heard it. It just fits perfectly to what I am going through lately. My middle son, Jeremy is moving into his first rental house in Bremerton with some friends today-- and it has brought some mixed emotions from sadness to excitement for me.

I will miss those days that I thought wouldnt ever end. Jeremy & I used to hang out & I remember how his friends used to call me "the cool Mom". I will miss the days when he & his brother Josh, used to come through the door afterschool & tell me about their day. Its strange, as even I have one more child still at home; It feels like an era is gone... but a new one just beginning around the bend as we wait for an offer on our house.

Of course, our 6 year old; Noah will be starting the 1rst grade in less than two weeks now & I will be soon taking the traditional walk to the school bus stop on the corner on his first day of school. Will I get weepy?? Of course-- Estrogen city here! LOL.

Where does time go? I will try to remember on the challenging days, that one day I will look back and miss these days... from good to bad & try not to complain.

No comments: