Tuesday, August 5, 2008

So Whats on Your Bucket List?

Last night I watched "The Bucket List" starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. It was a story about two terminally ill patients who make up a "bucket list"-- which is basically a list of things to do before they "kick the bucket".

I found this movie both endearing and inspiring. What caught my attention is when one character asked the other 2 questions:

Have you found joy in your life?

Have you brought joy to other peoples lives?

Even though I could answer both questions with a positive yes; it was the last question that caught my attention the most & it became a revelation for me. Isnt that what life is all about anyway-- thinking less of ourselves and bringing joy to one anothers lives???

I will keep that in mind in the days ahead- bringing joy to other people. Now that is one of the keys to true happiness & will become a priority on my bucket list!

No comments: