Thursday, September 25, 2008

What is Unseen

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, For what is seen is temporary but what is unseen is eternal".
II Cor. 4:18

I ran across this scripture today and it really spoke to my heart. Now that the Fall season is here, the holidays will be following just right around the corner. During the Holidays, we gather with family and friends, but we also begin to prepare our Christmas wish lists before hand.

I was just thinking about this the other day as I was browsing the Sunday sale ads for the stores. My husband casually showed me the stainless steel appliances that were advertised in a sales ad and my flesh literally was going through the "gotta have that" attitude.

Then my spirit overrided my flesh (or soul) and spoke to me saying "Does it really matter if your kitchen has stainless steel appliances or not ? What matters the most is to be content with what you have, Paula. What is seen is only temporary" Now, That really brought me back to reality and changed my perspective!

Sooo--- I am working on being more content in my environment and circumstances. Back in 2004, the Lord blessed us with a beautiful townhouse. Its a matter of working on getting my soul and spirit to work in unison is the key!

We put our townhouse on the market over the Summer, in hopes to relocate to Texas when it is sold. Originally, I am a Southern California native-- but I have lived here in Washington State for over 30 years (gasp!) LOL. My spirit (and body too) just yearns to return in a warmer climate, where there is a low cost of living, and our family can get spiritually fed in a new home church.

My husband and I also have the goal of becoming totally debt free and eventually owning a house with no mortgage. (Even though I won 250K towards our home, we had to take out a mortgage in 2004 just to pay the taxes.)

At this point there have been about a dozen showings, a couple Open Houses and we even an offer back in August that was shortlived, due the buyers had to retract due unforeseen financial issues.

Even though we still have faith that our house will sell eventually (even with a slow real estate market!!!! Cause I know that the Lord has the ability to override anything that is seen with our eyes & can do "exceeding and abundantly anything above than we can even ask or think"-Ephesians 3:20)

But for now....I have decided to be content with the Lord's plans for our lives. If we are meant to stay here in Washington for a little while longer, then I gladly give God that control-- cause what is unseen is eternal and I refuse to fight against the Lords will for my life. :)

No comments: