Sunday, January 21, 2007

20 Things....

20 Things You may or may not know about Me...

1) Im a self confessed, bona-fide neat nick. Its a must that my house has to be semi-clutter free at all times. I have heard that psychologicly that clutter can cause stress, so I dont feel so bad cleaning-- as I am just reducing stress, which does make me feel better... LOL)

2) My first full time job was a Certified Nurses Assistant. ( although I ditched the bedpans to change diapers when I was pg with my first born) I originally wanted to be a Licensed Practical Nurse, but it worked out for the best cause my life went in a different direction-- I discovered on year while volunteering in my son Josh's kindergarten class; how teaching ECE was so much fun!

3) Im lactose intolerant. Its a pain in the patotties (parden the pun!)

4) Im a chocoholic.... especially dark chocolate... oh, and coffee and chocolate are the bomb! You can find me visiting Starbucks at least once a week in the Winter months. :)

5) I have blue eyes, so sunglasses are a must have! I even keep the light turned off in the bathroom when I first wake up in the morning to let me eyes adjust!

6) Im a transplanted Californian. Moved to Washington State when I was 10 years old when my Mom re-married.

7) I love to write & wrote my first published childrens story in 2006; inspired by my son, Noah :)

8) My oldest son is 19 and my youngest son just turned 5. I think that the Lord thinks Im better off raising boys, then girls... LOL

9) I went back to college and got my college degree when I was 33! I have an associates degree in Early Childhood Education.

10) Depending on my mood, I can be a social butterfly. I have a small group of friends, but I also enjoy total solitude. Im pretty much a quiet, laid back person.... but, I also can be chatty at times!

11) I believe you can make or break your own destiny... just by the pattern of your own thought patterns-- positive or negative. In other words, "Where the Mind goes... Man follows"!

12) Im not a morning person! I cherish Saturday mornings when I get to sleep in until at least 9 am!

13) Im known to procrastinate.... I tend to put off things, a habit Im trying to break!

14) Been to my 1rst off broadway play in 2006 in Chicago! (The 25th Annual Putnum County Spelling Bee) I'd love to see a real Broadway play in New York in the future. Cats? Pippin? maybe??

15) I have Southern roots-- both on my Mom and dads side of the family. (Oklahoma & Texas) I think I'd make a better country mouse than a city mouse.

16.) I can be described as a glass half full type of person.

17) I sometimes consider myself to be quirky & eccentric... but, hey, Id rather be that than try to copy someone else. Im an original & God doesnt make no junk!

18) My favorite seasons are Spring (Season of rebirth, plus celebration of Jesus overcoming the cross!) and Fall (Harvest time, pumpkin pie and the pretty fall colors on the trees are amazingly breathtaking!)

19) Purple, green and burgandy are my fav. colors.

20) I follow Christianity & accepted Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior when I was a teenager. The older I get; the more I dont trust the world and its values. I'd rather put my trust in God, who has already overcome the world! :)

No comments: