Monday, January 29, 2007

An Ah-Ha Moment!

Some of you might or might not know that my 5 year old son was diagnosed with a mild form of autism (PDD) when he was 3. My husband, Joel and I have struggled with this & the many challenges of raising Noah. You laugh, you cry and just pray to God that one day your child will completely be healed. Ive known the challenges-- some people just dont understand what it is like to raise a child who is different (or special--as my husband and I like to call Noah)

A relevelation came to me the other day while watching an interview with Anne Graham Lotz (who happens to be Billy Graham's daughter) She was talking about how she received a gift from her Mother--a basket. Unknown to her, wrapped in tissue paper inside the basket was a rare ring ( linked back to Queen Esther in biblical times) that she threw away, thinking the basket was the gift.

The revelation came to me when she said that she threw out the ring wrapped in tissue-- just because she didnt like the way it was wrapped. This spoke to my spirit immediately about Noah. Okay-- Noah may be "wrapped" differently than other children, but I shouldnt disregard Noahs disability-- as there is a rare gem inside of him & always will be. :) :) :)

I love how the Lord speaks to our spirit using other peoples experiences. I pray that my revelation will be a word of encouragement for other parents facing the challenge of autism (or any other disability) as well. :)

No comments: