Tuesday, January 30, 2007

So Long Status Quo

One one my favorite songs, "Brave" by Nichole Nordeman has made me do some soul searching since the beginning of the year. Websters dictionary defines status quo as: –noun " the existing state or conditioning". I began to think about this and realized who I am is not defined by what I own or status I hold in the world.

Just take a look at everyday advertising in the world & people who are trying to live the "American Dream" by buying cars, houses, and all the latest in technology-- mistakingly thinking that defines who they are. Who I am is defined in Jesus Christ, not by the world standards. We all are special to God & we are the "apple of God's eye" ("Keep me as the apple of your eye" Psalm 17:8)

The truth is that all of us have a deep desire to be loved by God built into us. It seems easier for us to believe that God loves the world, but we have a hard time accepting that God loves us specifically. But, when we just let go of the world standards and start focusing on who we are in Christ, it is easier to find our purpose in life-- which is building the Kingdom of God while we are here on Earth. :)

So, so long status quo--I think I'll just let go, you make me want to be brave!

No comments: