Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My two cents on Rev Jerry Falwell's passing

Another Christian leader has gone home to be with the Lord. I know that even though Rev Falwell was controversial at times in the past, I try to do what it says it in the Bible and "respect' political leaders and pray for them, as I would do with any other figure in authority in America... whether I agree with them or not.

My thoughts on his passing can be conveyed in a quote that Martin Luther once said:

"Feelings come and feelings go, as they can be deceiving. For, I chose to put my trust in the Word of God and in Him I am believing"

I find it absurd if someone would think that just "one" life, would spoil the way one feels about Christianity. The enemy won't stop at nothing to take our focus off of God by trying to use our faults and failures against us. But-- no one can ever change how I feel about Christianity & my relationship with the Lord. Its different for everyone-- for its personal for each and every one of us. It's God's Word that makes the impact-- as we are just vessels to his Word.

It has been said if you aren't sure about something... we need to measure it with the Word of God-- for his Word will never steer you in the wrong direction. His Word is a "light to our path and a lamp to our feet".

As for the impact that Rev Falwell had on Christianity.... that judgement is something that only God can make! For we all will have our turn in the "Judgement seat" someday--as we all will have to give an account for our actions, while we were here on Earth.

God Bless, Rev Falwell! I know that he is at peace and in the loving arms of the Lord right now. We'll only see how his life (and ours as well) made impact when we get to Heaven. That is sure good news in my book!!!!

Just my 2 cents, for what its worth :)

No comments: