Friday, May 25, 2007

That Amazing Energy

I currently have been reading a book that my awesome, Sister-in-Law, Lynette worked on as a contributing editor. She graciously gave us a copy that was autographed by the author himself. I am enjoying it, and learning alot. I found it to be an interesting read & found that the exercises of being a Shaman parallels to be true of what I believe in Christianity as well. The book that I am referring to is called "Journeys to Bliss: Healing Stories from a Modern Day Shaman" by Eric Davis.

I have been learning a lot about Eric's experiences in being a Shaman. I found it facinating when he wrote about the levels of energy within our lives. Eric writes "as these physical changes (meaning the steps that we take towards living in bliss) are in place, we can concentrate on the mental, emotional, and spiritual energy in our lives."

I found it interesting on how all these energy levels come together to create our well being (or a state of bliss) On the Spiritual level, we can look toward connecting to humanity, the Earth, the Universe and God--or some call this a "higher power."

Eric discusses that feeling seperation feeds the negative charge in our lives & conciously connect to humanity and the divine. He says that we must pay attention to the people in our lives-- do they leave us feeling drained or uplifted.

I've found this to be true, as a day at the Mall where there is a lot of people can easily drain my energy or being around certain negative individuals can be spiritually, emotionally and physically draining as well. It all makes sense to me as I find that I choose to be around uplifting people-- that feed my spiritual level. Negative people wear me out, as they seem to suck the life out of me... just like a sponge soaks up water.

Lynette and her husband, Steve have personally been taking Shaman apprentice classes through Eric Davis. I find this all interesting, as being an open minded person... I think we can benefit from Shaman techniques. I look forward to hearing more about it from Lynette and Steve in the near future.

No comments: