Thursday, August 9, 2007

Finding My Soft Place to Land..

I am reflecting on God's goodness this morning as my husband's job contract comes to an end next week. We also received news that my Mother-in-law had received some unsettling news from her doctor. When trials and trouble strikes (as they always seem to creep up in this life) God and His Word is my soft place to land!

Circumstances in the natural aren't what they appear in the Supernatural realm. I strongly believe that Gods Word doesnt return void & there is so much power in it. I have heard the sermon "Speak to Your Mountain" a few times over the last 7 years, and I take comfort in it. Mountains are symbolic of the circumstances in our life (whether it be a job loss, ill health, relationships, etc)

In fact, I have a book that I keep on my bedside table "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. So when the enemy tries to put what I call "stinkin' thinkin' into my thoughts or words, I automatically meditate on a Scripture in the book. In the past, I have struggled with speaking it into my life, as others who don't understand it have mocked me because of it.

I forgive them, cause if someone isn't a believer, then Im sure it would sound quite alien to someone who can't understand it all. It is like a foreign language to them-- and I don't blame them for not being able to understand it all, cause it was once alien to me as well!! Ive learned that the Word of God is Offensive-- it chases away the enemy, driving him back. We have to release the Power in the Word, cause "Faith without Works is dead" We have to activate (or release it) into our lives through prayer & speaking it over our lives!

Ive learned instead of focusing on the mountain itself, I find my soft place to land in the Word of God and speak it over mine and my families lives. After all, our Lord did not die on the Cross in vain, he died to set us free from the Worlds beliefs, standards and for our sins. We become children in the Kingdom, heirs to the throne when we accept Jesus into our hearts & lives... and I do believe with all my heart, mind & soul that God said it, I believe it... so that settles it!

No comments: