Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Wise Man Built His House...

We sang this song with the little ones as Joel & I served in Noah's Sunday School class today. It spoke to me as it reminded me of the verse in Romans "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind"

There is a big difference from being in the world than of the world. Yes, we can be friends with people in the world, but we are not to take part in the system of the World. To do so, we would be an enemy of God.

Of course, one thought lead to another & I was reminded of the song by Casting Crowns, called "American Dream". So many individuals put their main focus in life on their jobs, possessions, etc-- but unfortunately many fall deficit of spiritual fullfillment, all because their main focus is on something else. :(

I believe that there is no such thing as the "American Dream"--although it is perfectly okay to be blessed with nice things in our lives. I also believe that "The American Dream" is just apart of the world's system, but when you think about it, is it fullfilling when the storms of life come... and ones world comes tumbling down?????

No comments: