Thursday, February 1, 2007

Age is just a number

Its now February-- my birth month. Isnt it funny how the older people wished they were younger and the young wished that they were older?? Recently, I had this conversation with a good friend, whom Ive known since we were 12.

Back then when I was a pre-teen; I remember thinking, okay... 40 is old! But now that I am more than just 40 something... I have to reexamine that a bit. I still feel young, even though my body is going through the normal aging process. :) I still have a whole lot to learn, but I feel a lot wiser, especially than when I was in my 20's & 30's. :) Im not afraid to get one year older, cause I know that with each year that passes by--at I will learn something more than I did when I was just one year younger. :)

I thought this article had a nice spin to it about the topic of Aging:

Age Is Just A Number
by allinspiration.com

Many people experience growing anxieties as they get older. And often, the main source of those anxieties is just that fact itself - they are growing older.
With each passing birthday, each landmark age that we reach, we moan and groan. It is as though we have one eye on death, and are counting down to it with each passing year, fearing that we are running out of time. In truth, it doesn't really work that way, because we don't really know when we are going to die. Rather than complain that each passing year means we are closer to death, that we have one year less, shouldn't we rejoice that we survived death, that we have had one year more?

Age does bring with it certain physical and mental deteriorations. Obviously you can't run that fast anymore, climb the stairs that quickly, or finish your mental sums as promptly. But age brings with it experience and wisdom, and an improved way of looking at the world. Revel in it.
Just because you are getting older, it does not mean that your quality of life will depreciate. It does not mean you must stop learning, and it certainly does not mean you have to be become less happy. In fact, studies have shown happiness levels to be unrelated to age.

Seize the day, and live every moment. Your life is in your hands. And if there are certain things you had always wanted to do, but feel it is too late now, remember:

"Better late than never, better now than later! "

No comments: