Thursday, February 15, 2007

My life...

I was listening to the lyrics of a Switchfoot song on my way home the other day. The lyrics,"This is your life, are you who you want to be?" is what caught my attention. Okay, on the 17th; I will be another year older. I guess you can say that this made me stop and examine my life.

Well, I can honestly say; despite some trials and a few set backs-- I feel pretty darn blessed! I feel like my life is where I am exactly supposed to be at right now. I feel fortunate, cause there are some who still struggle with this issue. Not only that I am a wife, a Mom, and a friend to many-- I know who I am in the eyes of God & as the woman that God created me to be. I know that my identity doesn't matter what my address is or what I possess.

I strongly believe that my life would be totally different if I didnt follow God's Word & be under the covering of being planted in my church. After all, if you sow into the worlds beliefs & values-- you naturally reap the consequences. It just works that way supernaturally. Of course, even at 40 something, I'm still learning & growing. I look back on my life & Im amazed how far that Ive come. Life is a journey & the journey has been a long one, but thankfully; it still continues. Ive grown through those trials and setbacks. I wouldn't trade them for the world, cause I noticed how strong I have become because of them.

How it feels great to be 21 again-- with 21 years of experience. (wink!) I give God all the glory for this, after all... this is my life, by His design, of course! :)

No comments: