Saturday, April 14, 2007

One- Minute Neck Massage For Two

Its been one busy week as my boys have been on Spring Break all week. I love my boys-- but sometimes Mom needs to recharge and unwind after a busy day! Its not easy sometimes with a gregarious 17 year old teen son and a very energetic 5 year old with a developmental disability. We love our 5 year old, Noah with all the love in our hearts can give... but a person only has so much patience then we tend to fizzle out. You can find me praying for strength and grace daily... cause this Mama tends to leak and I need to be refueled... ALOT!

Well, My 17 year old son, Jeremy; has been taking driver education classes, and soon will be learning how to apply what he has learned on the roadways. Plus-- on top of that my eldest son, who is 19; moved into his first apartment this week in Bremerton...(which is bittersweet for me, btw) as we have been helping him get set up with some essentials for his new abode that he shares with a friend.

Anways, I tend to carry stress in my neck and shoulders. There isnt always time (and money) to go get a professional massage, although my first Swedish massage that I got last year in May was a real God send!!!! Ahhhhhh!!!!! Thank You Lord for providing what I need and when I need it! :) :)

I just thought this One Minute Neck Massage for Two might be some useful info for all of us who have had "one of those days" or in my case "one of those weeks!"

Enjoy!


By Grace Wilson

This is simple and feels fantastic!

1. Have your partner sit in a chair, and then stand by his or her side so that you're facing your partner (i.e. you're looking at your partner's ear). Place one of your hands over your partner's forehead for support, and the other hand on the back of the neck.

2. With the hand that's on the back of the neck, imagine you're grabbing a puppy by the scruff of the neck and begin digging your fingertips and thumbs into the long muscles that run from the base of the skull down to the bottom of the neck. Squeeze, dig in, do small circles, moving and massaging the muscles and connective tissues with your fingers.

3. Make sure to be thorough. Spend five to ten seconds in one spot, then move on to another area, making sure to massage the entire length of the neck.

4. After one minute, you're done! Now switch places with your partner so that you get a chance to receive. Have your partner massage your neck in the same fashion. The best way to learn how to give a great massage is to know what one feels like, so receiving is a must.

This is very effective at releasing chronic muscle tension and stress. Do it regularly!

No comments: