Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Way I See It # 206

As you can tell by a previous blog on 4/15; I enjoy reading the little quotes on the back of the Starbucks cups. I also liked todays quote. President Carter was onto something when he says that people everywhere seek "inner peace". It makes you stop and think that people are so in need of peace, as it is human nature to seek and search for it.

My belief system is simple and the message that I saw conveys that (you might have seen this one before on a bumpersticker somewhere, "Know God... Know Peace"... "No God...No Peace") --and you might have had the same reaction I did when I first saw this on a bumpsticker that happened to be parked in our church parking lot one Sunday.

My reaction is this.... that Jesus Christ reigns as the Prince of Peace & to know Him is finally find the peace that the world is searching for that passes all human understanding!!!....

And still the greatest treasure still remains to those who choose Him now-- and that treasure includes a peaceful spirit. :)

The Way I See It #206

"Peace is more than just the absence of war. People everywhere seek an inner peace that comes from the human rights to voice their views, choose their leaders, feed their families and raise healthy children."
-- Jimmy Carter
Nobel Peace Prize laureate, former U.S. president and founder of The Carter Center, which works to advance peace and health worldwide.

No comments: