Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Back to School Joy!


My boys headed back to school today. Our youngest is in kindergarten this year & my middle son, 17 year old, Jeremy started his first day of the school year officially as a Senior. Bittersweet! :)


The morning started out at 6AM-- as I woke up to make the boys waffles. Jeremy gave me a hug and jokingly asked if I was going to take his picture getting on the bus. What a goofball! :)
He left to catch the bus at 6:45AM, so I climbed back in bed to snooze a bit before Noah woke up to start this Sunny, September day--which it still feels like Summer outside, as it did on the First day of school last year as well. :)


As for Noah, Since he is starting a new school today.... I originally told transportation that he wouldn't be taking the bus on the First day, as I wanted to meet his teacher & taking in school supplies. Well-- our Noah is such a routine kid that breaking that routine had hindered the morning into a chorus of "I dont want to go to school" when he thought that Mommy was going to drive him. (He had taken the bus for the 3 years of Preschool with no issues)


After calling Daddy at work, and him trying to give him a pep talk... we both concluded that Noah taking the bus would be the best option. It was. I called transportation back and told them the situation. Noah cheerfully walked to the bus stop with me as have done for the last 3 years & got on the bus with no problems.


I think Ive learned my lesson today. Even though Noah started Elementary School, its best to step back a bit--special needs or not :) Im expecting Noah to be all smiles when I go to pick him afterschool --as I told him that we would stop at the store to get M&M's to make cookies. :)


No comments: