Friday, September 14, 2007

Refuse Bitterness

I really liked the devotional that arrived in my email box this morning. So many people carry around grudges, bitterness & unforgiveness in their hearts. By doing this, it puts them (and not the other person that wronged them) in their own personal emotional prison.

Its amazing to me that when we refuse to forgive, that the Lord can't even hear our prayers. Its sad that so many people are missing out on what the Lord wants to bless them with, if only they would release that burden of unforgiveness over to Him.

Sounds like freedom to me & this reminds me to have the Lord search my heart and turn over any offenses to Him & he will right my wrongs! I've learned by personal experience in my walk with the Lord, to be quick to forgive-- cause I know that He has forgiven me first.

Wouldnt the world be a better place, if everyone followed this? I know that it is easier said than done. After all, we are all human & we were born with a sinful nature.

I think by taking the first step of forgiving-- we would be one step closer to the person that the Lord wants us all to be! :) :)


Refuse Bitterness

Today's Scripture

“Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice” (Ephesians 4:31 NIV).


Bitterness is an extremely destructive force. It seeps into the depths of your heart when you choose not to forgive someone. When you harbor unforgiveness, it closes the door to God’s working in your life. The Bible even tells us that if we choose not to forgive others, God cannot even hear our prayers.

Thank God that He has empowered us to forgive and release bitterness! You have the choice to get rid of bitterness so you can live in freedom! You may have been through unfair situations, but it’s not over until God says it’s over. God always has the final say, and He is a God of justice. God sees every wrong that’s ever been done to you. He sees every unfair situation. If you will stay in faith and keep your hopes up, He will make your wrongs right.

He’ll bring justice into your life. Your attitude should be, “It may have been unfair. They may have done me wrong. But I refuse to get bitter. I know my time is coming.” As you choose forgiveness and keep your thoughts focused on the Word of God, you will walk in complete freedom in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

Heavenly Father, today I refuse bitterness. I refuse to allow the past to keep me stuck. Right now I forgive those who have hurt me. I pray blessing on them, that they would come to know Your Truth. Father, thank You for setting my heart free today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

No comments: